The EMTP Alliance is glad to announce a new university award program providing funding for:
- The best accepted IEEE, IET, PSCC, EPSR or IPST journal or conference paper on EMT simulations of the year
- The best EMTP® model developed in 2021.
Purpose of Award
The aim of the award is to recognize student contributions to the technology associated with power system transients. There is no restriction in the field of applications.
- An award of 1000 USD will be granted for the best paper of the year.
- An award of 1000 USD will be granted for the best EMTP® model of the year.
Candidates must register before the 1st of July by filling out the registration form at the bottom of this page.
- The submission deadline is the 1st of October 2021 and the material must be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- Authors may submit their work in the form of a paper in PDF format or a paper reference.
- The submission deadline is the 1st of October 2021 and the material must be submitted on the EMTP® exchange platform at EMTP® Exchange Platform.
- The model should be submitted with: EMTP® design examples illustrating its behavior.
- A document of paper quality and representation of the development, research, problems aimed to address, and validations, including results through output diagrams figures and graphs that illustrate the model.
- This report should be a length less than 2000 words with proper page format and font size, grammar, and spelling. The submission should include references, diagrams, graphs and images, appendices.
In order to qualify for the award, the applicant must satisfy the following criteria.
- EMTP® must be used for the work.
- The applicant must be a postgraduate student PHD, Masters, enrolled in, and in good standing with an electrical engineering program.
- The Candidate must submit their paper or model before the deadline of 1st October of the calendar year.
- The submission must include an Endorsement Let ter statement signed by their supervisor indicating the majority of work is with the student and not advisors or collaborators.
- The work should be original research within the field of power systems.
- 1st of July: Registration deadline
- 1st of October: Final submission
- 1st of November: Award announcement
The selection jury will be constituted of EMTP® developers.
Papers will be reviewed for overall quality and potential significance to the discipline and advancement of EMT simulations and modeling. The paper or model should include the area of technical and scientific research, the problems it addresses, and environments in which the contributions aim to validate or advance. The submission should include results of the research findings and models.
The submissions will be reviewed on originality, depth and completeness of content, results and comparative information, significance to industry, quality of writing, relevance to the impact of problems in field through simulation and models. The rating each submission of paper or model received involves the quality of introduction, simulation results, comparative information, critical analysis, and conclusion results.
The winners will be informed by November 1st, 2021 at the latest and they will be awarded the EMTP® Research Contribution Prize in the amount of $1,000 USD along with a certificate of award.
Biography of student will be published to the emtp.com site which will be due by December 1st.
For further information about the award please contact us .