Become a partner of EMTP Alliance!
As an academic you can partnership with EMTP Alliance and benefit from an unlimited number of EMTP licenses for FREE.
The benefits of being a partner of EMTP Alliance for education
- User-friendly software with a modern GUI
- Powerful platform for demonstrating engineering concepts
- Allow students to experiment during laboratories without the constraints and cost of real hardware.
- Load-flow solver and time-domain solver in one tool
- Widely used in the industry and in the literature
- Professional technical support offer to professors
- Self learning content available for students
- Free content available on engineering concepts such as switching, lightning, renewable energy and HVDC simulations.
- Free on demand-classes available
In addition, the benefits of being a partner of EMTP Alliance for research
- A reference for power system simulations
- The most numerically advanced power system simulation software on the market
- Open-source architecture allowing easy customization for testing new concepts
- Possibility to intimately interact with the simulation solver through user-defined models (.DLL)
- Ability to simulate very large grids for renewable energy integration project
- Possibility to control EMTP® with Matlab® using the Matlab® API
- Possibility import Simulink® designs or co-simulate with Simulink®
- Follow FMI standard allowing co-simulation with JModelica, PSIM, Dymola, etc (Full list here: https://fmi-standard.org/)
EMTP is used in more than 250 universities around the globe
You want to learn more about the functionalities of EMTP, view our tutorial videos!
Learn about EMT modeling, simulation and analysis from EMT developers
Academic support resources
You are an academic partner of EMTP and you are looking for assistance